Vanilla Coconut Rice Pudding




I usually end up making too much rice whenever I cook it. I usually make a simple snack of the leftovers by adding some salted butter, or throwing it into Monday night stir-fry when I use up any leftover veggies or whatnot.

However, this time I decided to try something different. I wanted to make some rice pudding, but I had no cream or whole milk, and didn't feel like stirring over a pot forever. So I whipped up this simple coconut rice pudding. It uses leftover rice, 2% milk (though whole would be fantastic), and some fresh vanilla because, well, I love vanilla. If you have some coconut flakes, I would highly suggest you garnish with them.

Simple and easy, it's a nice little way to use up that extra rice.

Vanilla Coconut Rice Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of whole or 2% milk
  • 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out
  • 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of cold cooked rice
  • 1/3 cup of sugar

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat for 40 minutes. Allows to cool and serve.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

School Lunchroom Cafeteria Rolls

Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce

Skinny Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas